- Be caring– Be gentle to your hands and feet. Avoid washing them with extremely hot water and refrain from rubbing them too hard. Go for manicures and pedicures. Also care for your knuckles by using soft loofahs and pumice stones on a regular basis to clean them.
- Exfoliate- We have already discuss the importance of exfoliating the skin, in this instance you will have to concentrate on your knuckles more.
- Moisturize- Do not forget to keep those problem areas moisturized. Lay your hands on a good quality moisturizing cream that will hydrate your skin. Most importantly, always use a hand cream and foot cream before you go to bed. Alternately, try adding a few drops of glycerin, olive oil or jojoba oil to your regular cream and apply it on your knuckles. This helps to keep your skin soft and at the same time, reduces chances of drying out too early.
- Sun protection- Use a sun-block cream before you step out in the sun. This offers protection and prevents further darkening.
SUGAR AND LEMON JUICE
Mix sugar and lemon juice and apply this on your fingers and scrub it in circular motion for around five to ten minutes. This has to be carried out regularly for a few days to achieve the desired result. You can also try cutting a lemon into half and rubbing it over the skin for some time prior to bath. This also ensures whitening the skin.
A mixture of honey and lemon juice can work like a magic to lighten your discoloured finger joints. You just need to rub the mixture onto the problem areas for almost ten minutes daily to see improvement in the dark skin.
POWDERED OATMEAL AND CUCUMBER JUICE
GRAM FLOUR PACK
Make a paste of 1 tbsp of gram flour, 2 tbsp of raw milk and add couple of drops of lemon juice in it. Apply this mixture on the affected areas of the skin and leave on for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off with cold water. Continue this treatment daily for around 1 month and then once a week in order to remove the tan and obtain visibly lighter skin.
Papaya is a natural tanning cleanser; rub a piece of papaya or apply its pulp over your hands and wait for few minutes before washing it off with normal water.
Pumice stone is very much a part of a manicure and it is mainly to scrub away the dead skin from the knuckles. You can use pumice stone daily while taking bath to rub your knuckles, this will help in lightening the area.
Almond oil is really good for skin. The oil can be massaged on the knuckles and left for ten minutes. If done regularly this will help in reducing the pigmentation and make the knuckles lighter.
- Lime can suffix for lemon, when the later cannot be found.
- These can also work for dark elbow and knee.